We focus our civil trial practice on business litigation. We prefer the use of non-traditional or alternative fee arrangements that involve sharing risks and rewards with our clients. Using the most advanced technology available, we staff our cases with small teams, which results in a more focused vision and more consistent successes. Like our criminal practice, our civil litigation practice is national. The past six years have found us in courtrooms from San Diego, CA to Boston, MA and many points in between. We often collaborate with larger firms on complex litigation matters. Our litigation experience includes:
- Contract Disputes
- Defective technology
- Intellectual Property
- Insurance Coverage (Policyholders)
- Professional negligence
- Business Fraud and Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Internal Investigations
- Government Contracts
- False Claims Act and Qui Tam Suits
- Business Libel and Slander
- Trade Secrets
- International Arbitration
- Cross-Border Disputes
- After a three-week jury trial in the District of Columbia, our attorneys obtained a damages award, on behalf of a small company, against a large chemical manufacturer; we sued for fraud and breach of fiduciary duty.
- After a seven-week jury trial in state court in San Jose, CA, our attorneys obtained a $39 million verdict against the largest pharmaceutical company in the world for theft of trade secrets from a small, San Francisco-based research foundation.
- We obtained a defense verdict for a large HMO after a two-week jury trial in the District of Columbia where the plaintiff alleged wrongful termination based on disability discrimination.
- We filed suit in Cleveland, OH federal court against the lending syndicate—a large bank and hedge fund—of a mid-sized, publicly-traded company, seeking reformation of errors in their loan documents. The results are confidential.
- We filed suit in Los Angeles, CA, for excess coverage under our client’s Directors and Officers Liability policy, arising from claims pertaining to securities litigation. That matter was also resolved confidentially.
- We are currently handling several contract disputes before the American Arbitration Association, the International Commercial Court and the Dubai International Arbitration Centre.