Our criminal practice focuses on federal and state white collar investigations and prosecutions. While it is our goal to avoid indictment, if a sound result cannot be achieved short of trial, we defend our clients with the experience that comes from having tried over 50 criminal cases. Ours is a national practice that includes cases of national significance including federal investigations into the Iran-Contra affair, Operation Ill Wind, Whitewater, and the Campaign Financing Task Force regarding the 1996 Election Cycle. Our experience in criminal investigations and trials includes:
- Election law fraud
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations
- Military Courts Martial Alleging Homicide and War Crimes
- Government Contract fraud
- Product Substitution in Government Contracts
- Defective Pricing in Government Contracts
- Procurement Integrity Act Violations
- Money Laundering
- Bank Fraud
- Independent Counsel / Special Prosecutor Investigations
- Represented a company and its CEO each charged with 19 counts of government contract fraud and mail fraud in San Diego, CA.
- Represented business executives in conspiracy trial relating to procurement integrity violations.
- Represented small-arms manufacturer in investigation of product substitution.
- Represented CIA clandestine service officer indicted for false statements and alleged violation of Boland Amendment.
- Represented ammunition manufacturer in investigation of defective pricing.
- Represented chemical supplier in investigations of price reduction clause violations.
- Represented government contractor and CEO in connection with alleged procurement integrity violations relating to military contracts in Afghanistan.